Jul 6, 2009

These are the days of our lives

I had a rough day today. First I find out that Trevor is now working six days a week with no lunches and mostly shifts from 12-10. I know we need the money and I am so proud of him and very grateful to him for working so hard but I am selfish and want to see him more. Then, Connor made a huge mess with his food, he would eat one piece of chicken then throw a piece on the floor, eat one, throw one this pattern continued until it was all gone. Then, later I placed him in his playpen so that I could clean our very dirty kitchen, as I am cleaning I hear "hrrrrmph!" I look over only to see him doing a pull up on the side of the playpen and do a summer salt out of it and land flat on his back. Luckily there was a pillow right in front of it so he was fine. Thank goodness! So, now that the playpen is no longer an option I have no choice but to let him roam freely among our living room which is full of things to get into. He wont leave the garbage can alone, he wont leave pictures on the coffee table alone, he finds little things on the floor to put in his mouth, and he hits the front of the glass cabinet and I am afraid it will fall over on him. Then it was so damn hot in here so I got the window fan down and set it in front of the couch while I worked and tried to keep an eye on Connor. Well, he decided it would be fun to stick his little finger it the fan while it is running, luckily I caught him before he got hurt!
Enough is enough, time for a nap. Oh but Connor didn't think so, so all he did was cry, and cry and cry until I got him back up. After about an hour I put him back down for a nap with a sippy cup and he cried and cried because he wanted a bottle not a sippy. So I gave him a bottle and he went right to sleep, yay!
The story ends good, Trevor got off work early and made me dinner! (that's a shocker!!) Connor went to bed early and is sleeping through the night (so far). Oh motherhood, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Dan used to have to work from 10 am to 11 pm (but he'd usually leave the house about 8 or 9), and I hated it!!! It's hard to stay at home waiting all day, so I admire your optimism in doing it! Good luck being Mom and keeping up with Connor. I think we all need it, so don't worry about being the only one!

    ReplyDelete